AMAAS is an umbrella organization that promotes, supports, and advocates for Alberta media arts.
AMAAS’s vision is that all media artists in Alberta will have access to support, collaboration, and funding to develop and exhibit diverse and vibrant multidisciplinary media arts projects.
AMAAS serves media artists and organizations through advocacy, development opportunities and connecting media artists and media art organizations across the Province. Programs include educational and networking opportunities at our biennale conference & symposiums, publications, awards, sponsorship, and artist commissions. Since its inception, AMAAS has been governed by a volunteer group of directors representing the media arts in Alberta.
Join AMAAS with no membership fee and is open to the public, click here for more information.
AMAAS works to be known by its members and the community in general as:
- An advocate for the importance of media arts in the arts and culture mix
- Builders and nurturers of the media arts community in Alberta
- A respected and recognized authority on media arts in Alberta
- A progressive organization with its finger on the pulse of ongoing trends and advancements in media arts
- An open organization providing information, resources, programming and access to media arts for all Albertans